I pulled the lamp a part and sprayed the base white with my favourite white etching primer.I masked the cord to make sure it didn’t get sprayed. I was very glad at how easy the pink dots came off with some nail polish remover.
My lamp shade came apart so I was able to lie it on the fabric and draw around the shade. If I had thought about this properly I would have realised that I had to leave about 2 cm extra to allow for the curve of the shade. But I didn’t so my lampshade fabric didn’t meet up as it should have.
I used a spray adhesive to spray the shade and the fabric.
I then rolled the fabric on the shade rubbing it with my hands to get it all smooth.
Plan B: get out the hot glue gun and some black ribbon (yeah for craft supplies).
I put hot glue all around the top/ bottom/ seam then I sprayed the ribbon with spray adhesive and pushed the ribbon onto the shade. I used my cool wooden pegs as mini clamps.
I now have a beautiful new lamp for very little money I only used about 1/4 of the fabric I bought and a few hours work.
Linked to the real housewives of Riverton, Liz Marie blog, my merry messy life, the frugal girls, thrifty decor chick, cherished bliss, delightful order, crafty scrappy happy, handy man crafty woman, cherished handmade treasures, earning my cape, frugally sustainable, its just called spicy, home stories a to z, romance on a dime, tip junkie, toot your horn Tuesday, our delightful home, sugar bee crafts,