I’ve been busy decluttering the house and have given away and sold three boxes of books and stuff and a bag clothes. Great feeling!! So very appropriate that the daily green sent 18 declutter tips to my inbox so thought I would share these:
- Think about what you bring into your home – declutter before it even arrives.
- Put a no junk mail sign on your letter box.
- Say no to phone books (can do everything on line so don’t think these are useful anymore)
- Get your bills emailed or view them online.
- If you need a new computer buy a laptop rather than a desktop.
- Download your software (you buy a code from the shop) rather than get the CDs.
- Get voicemail rather than an answer machine.
- E-cycle rather than have electronics sitting around the house.
- Use a power board with a switch to turn off all your chargers at once.
- Read books online or go to the library.
- Get an online newspaper subscription.
- Use reusable shopping bags.
- Get a water filter instead of buying water.
- Buy a soda stream machine rather than buy carbonated drinks.
- Use cloth napkins/ kitchen cloths.
- Snack on fresh fruit.
- Sell or give away your old unwanted clothes.
- Give away unwanted items.
I‘m enjoying our clutter free home. Hope you do too.